- Take the week (or part of the week) off, especially Thursday and Friday. Make every effort to enter into the mystery of the love of God in Christ Jesus.
- Watch Jesus of Nazareth, or another suitable film (see our website) on the life of Christ. Fast with and for the Lord, especially on Holy Friday.
- Play sacred music (only!) Monday – Thursday and observe silence on Friday and Saturday.
- Reach out: invite those around you who experienced nothing spiritual on Western Eastern to ‘have another go at it’ by joining us for Orthodox Pascha. “How was your Easter?” is a great conversation starter.
- Make a point to read spiritual or uplifting books during the week.
- Make a point to come to all the services, and let yourself be stretched, especially on Thursday and Saturday. Consider coming back Sunday morning at 11 AM for the beautiful service of Resurrection Vespers (short!)
- Commit yourself to accomplishing an act of mercy wished for but never done, before Holy Friday.
Feast Day of Saint Joseph (December 26)
For the Akathist to Saint Joseph, visit the website of the Antiochian Men, whose patron is Saint Joseph. They broadcast the Akathist, which they offer